Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DM Sprint and Silva League in Örebro

Last week I was running 3 races, in addition to much training. In total I did 15 sessions with running, so it was a hard week for me.

Tuesday it was the District Championship in Sprint in Stockholm. I did a good performance, except the route choice to the 7th control, where I lost 15 sec. My result was a 4th place, 21 sec behind Yannick Michiels.

Thursday it was a Silva League Sprint in Kumla, south of Örebro. My performance was quite good, I but lost 5 sec to the 3rd, 10th and 14th control. My result was a 8th place, 32 sec behind Jonas Leandersson. The start field was very international, with 7 nationalities among the 8 best runners!

Saturday it was a Silva League Middle distance in Kilsbergen, north west of Örebro. I did no big mistakes, but lost 15 - 30 sec to several controls, and had big problems running fast in the parts of the terrain with stony ground. My result was a 30th place, 4 min behind Gustav Bergman.

Sunday it was a Long distance in Kilsbergen. I was not entered this race, because I thought 3 races was enough in a week, and wanted to do a long easy run. My team mates in IFK Lidingö Fredrik Johansson and Filip Dahlgren did really well, and came 2nd and 3rd, only beaten by Thierry Gueorgiou.

Physical I was a bit tired on the races after a though training week, and was not really able to speed up on the longer legs. This week I will train less, so I'm in better shape to the Norwegian selection races in Long and Middle the coming weekend. But I will still do some harder sessions, competing in the 10 km cross country race The Run on Norra Djurgården tonight and Centrum Team Sprint on Skansen and Södra Djurgården tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is going really well Øystein! Kjør på! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention that Ralph Street beat you in the Silva League sprint though! :)

    ReplyDelete