Saturday, May 12, 2012

6th place in 10mila with IFK Lidingö

Last weekend I was competing in the big 10mila relay, that this year was held close to Borensberg, 2 hours drive south west of Stockholm. IFK Lidingö had a strong team, and we felt well prepared after two training camps in the area. I was selected to run the 8th leg; 13,5 km in daylight.

I had only been running a few sessions in forest since I dislocated my shoulder in the Norwegian Night Champs 2 weeks earlier, but had been training well physically and was very focuses on doing a good performance. My shoulder had also been fine, and I was again feeling safe when I was running in the forest.

The boys in my team did a great job, and we were among the leading teams through the night. I started out as 8th runners, with a gap up to several teams 3 – 5 min in front of me. I did a stable race, without any bigger mistakes, and was satisfied I managed to follow my tactic with running close to the line. The only runner I saw on my leg was NTNUI that I passed after 1/3 of the course.

The team continued to run well, and we finished 6th after an impressive last leg by Fredrik Johansson. (He was only beaten by Thierry Gueorgiou and Olav Lundanes, with less than one minute.) Also the girls did a good relay and finished 6th, with a almost new team compared to the teams that came 1st and 2nd the two previous years. Results and GPS tracking

On ifklidingo.se you can read each runners comments from their own leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment